By becoming a member of the Tay Valley Family History Society, you can look forward to all the following membership benefits and more.
- A comprehensive new member’s joining pack, including guidance and materials on how to begin your family history research in the Tay Valley area.
- 3 editions annually of our journal, The Tay Valley Family Historian. You may submit your research interests, queries and articles to the Editor for publication.
- Access through our website, to a Members Only Area, with exclusive information to further assist your research.
- Free membership to the independent online discussion forum, Tay-Valley-Bridges (see below right).
- Free use of the Research Centre and Library, including various on-line subscription websites, access to members pedigree charts, family group sheets, and many other local and historical sources.
- Guidance and support in your research, from our experienced volunteers, during your visits to the Research Centre.
- Affiliation to some other Scottish Family History Societies who are also members of the Scottish Association of Family History Societies – our members may use their facilities free of charge, on production of their current membership card.
- Research services such as lookups, finding certificates and limited family history research, all at an additional cost to members.
If you would like to receive the benefits of being a member, you may join the Society in one of the following ways:
- Call in at the Research Centre at 179-181 Princes Street, Dundee.
- Telephone the Centre on +44 (0)1382 461845 and provide personal and credit or debit card details.
- Download and complete our Membership Registration Form and post it to the Centre with payment in GB pounds. It is available in .doc or .pdf formats; click on the format you prefer.
If you are not sure whether you want to start getting back to your roots, find out more by joining one of our Beginners' Classes.
Annual subscription rates can be found on the Membership Fees page.
Current members who have requested a password can access the following.
- Prompt payment Registration Renewal form.
- Society Documents which include the Constitution of the Society, minutes of recent AGMs and Council meetings and recent annual accounts.
- Downloadable versions of recent issues of The Historian.
- Downloadable versions of out of print Society publications.
- Information on how to join our associated groups, the 200 Club and Tay Valley Bridges.
- A Getting Started page which provides information for beginners.
- Burial Ground Data which includes name indexes for our monumental inscription CDs, covering some 40 graveyards.
- Indexes of BMD Records which are kept in the Society Library.
- Indexes of Pedigree Charts in the Society Library.
- Tay Valley Strays – information gathered by members about people who have strayed from the region.
- Help Wanted requests.